If I were a Hero

 If I were a hero and my time had come.

If I were a hero and my time had come, I would want to go quietly. No glory, no location, no word. I would go in my own way.

I would stop caring for what villains would appear. I'd have no concern for what it would mean to those I saved. I am no god, I too am mortal and when my time comes, I want it to be personal.

I may say my cryptic goodbyes to those that I truly cared for. But to those who one-sidedly loved me, I would say nothing. I would not even elude, with a goodbye or goodnight.

If I were a hero, I would silently fly high into the sky, reaching the barrier between earth and space. I may watch the world for a few moments. But then, I would let go.

I would relinquish my powers and relinquish my glory. I would return myself to the world that formed me. 

My last breath would be the name of my creator; a silent prayer over the world I toiled for. The world may have valued me, but the world does not need me. 

I would fall and I would light up and I would return home like a meteor. I would meet sky like a fire and earth like dust. 

If I were a hero this is how I would go if my time had come. Ashes embraced by the wind.

…….

This small narrative came to me one evening after I awoke from a nap. I woke oddly refreshed and with the words "if I was a hero" in my mind. Rather than let the thought slip from my mind I took the time to write. I simply wrote what came to me. The above is the result.

I then began to research for I don't even remember what in the bible. From this I came across Isaiah 40. I encourage you to read through this chapter of the bible a few times and reflect on yourself. If you were a person of influence, what would be your sincere reaction to your fleeting power?

Our God is a good God. He is worthy of all praise. My role as a hero would have been to further His kingdom on earth. Not to seek paise for my own works. 

No being is more powerful than He and accepting the worship of others in my death would have been a sin. If I knew my time had come, I would return to Him like so. I would trust I did what I was meant to with my life and with the strength that He gave to me.

I would let my body fall to the earth, but my spirit would soar. 

The people would remain in the care of God. Just as they had always been. I would have no need to worry, for it was never my burden to begin with.

Glory to God.


God bless you all and may you all find prosperity in your lives.

This has been Lillyana Walking with God


Support me and read more of my writings with the link below.

Comments

Popular Posts