A Reflection on Hebrews
A Reflection on Hebrews
Something I would like to share is my refection of Hebrew. I once spent several weeks reading a re-reading this book in the New Testament of the Bible. While initially I was researching what it meant to be in the order of Melchizedek, eventually God revealed to me the following.
For context, Hebrews was written sometime after Jesus death. The church was still growing, but it did not yet have a matured foundation and worse, it began to be persecuted to a morbid degree. The church was ultimately faced with three options:
- Revert back to Judaism and rescind faith in Jesus.
- Take on the beliefs of the Romans and/or Greek.
- Hold fast to the holy spirit and endure the threat of death.
As many would, they found themselves in a place of doubt and due to still being in the pioneering stages of Christianity, they began to veer into directions that were more in line with the old law rather than the new freedom. The author of Hebrews is observing this from where he is and writes to the people in a manner of righteous admonishment and love.
When reading aloud, I can finish Hebrews in an hour, but to spare your time, this is a paraphrase of what the author is saying:
"Do you not know the Tora by heart (old testament), do you not know of the promise, the prophesy of redemption! Have you not heard the proclamations of the prophets! Who else could claim that they are above the angles? Who else can claim that they are of the I Am? WHO ELSE can claim to conquer death and be seated beside the I Am himself?
Is it not He who is anointed in the order of Melchizedek. A priest anointed by the I Am directly and not through the bloodline of priests? Do His teachings not resound within your soul?
Remember, remember, remember and hold fast to these beliefs and truths. For the word is not a lie and He is the manifestation of the word. His death is the covenant of new; the one of the ancestors is abolished. This priest was also the lamb, and His sacrifice is eternal! All sin is forgiven forevermore, so long as you seek the Lord in fearfulness and faith.
The ancestors had faith and in response the impossible was possible; time and time again. Now? Now, it is not just they, but all of us who believe may walk with the Lord. It is us who may be directly discipled and disciplined as a direct descendent of his creation.
So be strong my brothers and sisters. Strengthen yourselves and be steady. Love each other and find joy in eternity. Be kind to those around you and be faithful in all relationships. Fear nothing for we have been made holy and righteous.
May our shepherd hold the glory forever and ever! Amen."
I read through this book multiple times and prayed over it daily for weeks. Eventually God revealed to me a simple vision. The original text takes an hour to read through, the text above takes a minute, the picture bellow takes a moment.
In essence, we are to look to the son, Jesus, and keep our eyes on Him. It is facing Him that we can see clearly and understand our surroundings. When looking towards Him, the shadow we cast reflects Him. It is in this way that all those who may turn to look at us will see Jesus and can be directed to look up and see him directly. It is in facing Him, that our own faces; our own souls, will be illuminated.
However, should our backs be turned to him, we will find our vision blurred. The only thing we would be able to look at, would be our own shadow. From seeing nothing but ourselves and what is under our feet, we would be blind to the world around us. However, Jesus is light, He is warm, and He is ever present. Behind us He is there, patiently calling out and asking us to turn; to see more, and experience more than our lives in ignorance could ever fathom.
I encourage you to read through Hebrews yourself. There is endless wisdom to be gained from the Bible and God may reveal a different aspect of Himself and the truth, to you.
I pray that when others look at me, they see the Lord reflected. I pray that through me, others turn to face Jesus. I also pray this for you. Let us maintain our faith together.
May God bless you all and may you find prosperity in your lives.
This has been Lillyana, Walking with God.



Comments
Post a Comment