A Childs Drawing

 Drawing with Innocence

I am a creative worshiper. 

This means that when it comes to honoring God I do it through abstract and spirit led ways. This often looks like me drawing. I will do this during a sermon, during worship (song), and random hours of the day. Many times, I am then led to deliver these drawings to specific individuals. 

On one occasion, I had a drawing block; a difficulty expressing my creativity. I had this deep desire to draw something for God. To make a beautiful work for him and him alone. For three days I would wake up and go to sleep thinking about it. I would continuously try to put pen to paper. But no matter my effort, my hands would eventually tremble and not even a dot could be made.

Now, despite this being one of my main ways of worshiping, I am not actually that great of an artist. By no means would I ever expect anybody to seek out one of my drawings. But what I make is very often what is needed conceptually more than it is visually for whoever is on the receiving end. 

So, one morning during the group worship of where I was, I sat at the crafts table once again attempting to draw for God. I kept praying and was becoming more and more desperate because for the life of me I could not visualize this drawing.

It was then that God spoke to me and told me something along the lines of this: "Child, I do not need a perfect gift from you, I simply desire A gift from you."

The drawing block was cleared and peace returned to my heart. I no longer felt desperation to achieve something beyond myself. So instead, I acted as though I was a child, just making whatever I felt like making and then proudly presenting it to my parent.


My drawing for God, became the childlike essence of my heart's desire. I wanted to present him a gift through a drawing. So that is what I drew.

I encourage you not to overthink when it comes to worshiping and spending time with God. We can do it in many ways and we really should. He is a creative god who has gifted us with His same creativity. We are His children so we really should not forget to act like it. He is a good god and He is very proud of us. He is satisfied with us.

God wants to spend time with you.
He is satisfied with you.
He is proud of you.
He loves you.


May God bless you all and may you find prosperity in your lives.

This has been Lillyana Walking with God.

Comments

Popular Posts